At ElevenLabs we love beetroots because they are high in dietary nitrate. This has the potential to improve muscle oxygenation and enhance exercise tolerance during long-term endurance exercise. We use beetroot in our Alkalising Super Greens formula and have included it a simple recipe using beetroot below.
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and washed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp tahini paste
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Alkalising Super Greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the beetroot into 4 and wrap in aluminium foil. Bake in the oven on 180 degrees Celcius for approximately 40 minutes or until the beetroot is cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick add a tablespoon of water.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, or on the side of any salad or protein.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments.