What better way to pass the time than making these delicious and nutritious pepperminty cashew slices!
Peppermint has an uplifting and refreshing aroma, it’s great for digestion and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
We’re in LOVE with this recipe by @earthlingsasha. It’s packed full of good fats from cashews and almonds, antioxidants from our Alkalising Super Greens PLUS oats for fibre and to keep any hunger cravings at bay!
If you don’t have agave syrup you could substitute for maple or rice malt syrup.
- 1 cup soaked dates (overnight, or 3+ hours, drained)
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds
- 2 Tbsp ElevenLabs Plant Protein and Super Greens
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup soaked cashews (overnight, or 3+ hours, drained)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 drop peppermint essence/oil
- 1 Tbsp ElevenLabs Alkalising Super Greens powder
- 2 tsp Spirulina
- In a food processor/high speed blender, add the cashews and roasted almonds and pulse to break them down into small granules. Add the soaked dates, water and oats and blitz until combined and a sticky but firm batter forms. Add more oats if the batter sticks to your finger when you pull away.
- Press mixture into the base of the mould/container and place in freezer for the meantime.
- Blend all filling ingredients except for the greens powder and spirulina until a creamy mixture is formed.
- Add 1/2 the filling mixture on top of the base, spread and place back into the freezer.
- With the remaining half, add 1 tbsp of the Alkalising Super Greens powder and 2 tsp spirulina. Blend until fully combined.
- Give at least 30 minutes for the white filling layer to harden before adding the green layer.
- Freeze overnight or 4+ hours before serving.
Photos and recipe by Earthling Sasha.