Summer is around the corner and we have been having some serious ice cream cravings!! 🍦🍦
Thankfully we have this delicious and nutritious recipe to hit the spot! 😍
This recipe was created by Panacea's Pantry - a while back made foodie friends with them. If you don’t know who they are already then get straight on Instagram (after this recipe of course) and check them out! Headed up by Jade, Panacea's Pantry have the most beautiful photos and recipes of plant based foods!!
We were so excited and somewhat surprised to see that they came up with a great tasting ice-cream recipe using ElevenLabs - The Ultimate Superfood Supplement (now our Plant Protein and Super Greens!
This is the recipe below. It's raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and refined sugar free.
- Flesh of 1 baby coconut (approximate ¾ cup)
- 4 Tbsp ElevenLabs Plant Protein and Super Greens
- ¼ cup hulled tahini
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup plant milk of choice (we used coconut)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp macqui powder (optional; if you omit, the colour will be not as pretty, but the ice-cream will still taste great)
- Remove flesh from your baby coconut with a large spoon. Cut off any brown pieces off the husk, and wash well. You only want the white flesh left, no other bits of grit.
- Add all the ingredients, including the coconut flesh, into a high-speed blender and blend on high until very smooth. This may take 2-3 minutes, and you will need to scrape down the blender sides occasionally.
- Once smooth, pour into an ice-cream tray (or any good-quality metal dish). Cover tightly with alfoil, and set in the freeze overnight.
- To serve ice-cream take out of freezer and allow 10-20 minutes to soften. Scoop out and enjoy with fresh fruit, in a waffle cone or your favourite chocolate sauce.
Note: Macqui powder is a dark purple powder from the Maqui berry that grows in Chile. It has the highest antioxidant score of all fruits and a slightly sweet, tart flavour. You could substitute for Acai berry for a similar colour.
Have you tried any new and interesting ice-cream flavours? Let us know in the comments!
Check out Panacea's Pantry on Instagram!